Lakshadweep Police is the embodiment of law and order and is a law enforcement agency for the Union Territory of Lakshadweep in India. Lakshadweep Police department comes under direct supervision of Department of Home Affairs, Lakshadweep and is headed by Director General of Police DGP.
Police of Lakshadweep Main objective is to offer defense to life and wealth of Lakshadweep citizens.
- To uphold Law and Order.
- Control and detect crime.
- Passport /Job applicants’ authentication of character and predecessors.
- To be a communication channel between headquarters and the islands.
- Help the common masses during time of need.
- To provide security cover to the visiting VIPs and dignitaries.
- To keep a tab on the actions of suspected people.
Facilities Offered To The Public
- People can come and lodge complaints both civil and criminal.
- Passport Cell to address problems of International Passport only at Headquarters island Kavaratti.
- Issuance of permit of entry for people from mainland supported by islanders and Lakshadweep U. T. Administration
- Assistance provided to ships operating from and to mainland to the islands.
- Assistance to the fisherman travelling to Island of SUHELI.
Lakshadweep Police Contact Details
Administrator & Ex-officio- IG (P), Lakshadweep
UT of Lakshadweep, Kavaratti-682555
Tel : 04896-262255 (O), 262497 (O), 262184 (F)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://lakshadweeppolice.nic.in
Lakshadweep Police Important Numbers
|Superintendent of Police||Kavaratti||04896-262258(O), 04896-262750(O)|
|Dy.Superintendent of Police||Kavaratti||04896-262367(O)|
|Circle Inspector of Police (HQ)||Kavaratti||04896-263446(O)|
|Inspector of Police, SB (HQ)||Kavaratti||04896-262740(O)|
Lakshadweep Police Organization Structure
Lakshadweep Police Recruitment
The Ex-officio IGP acts as the Recruitment Administrator. An Dy SP ranked officer was leading as the head of administration for the force from 1964 to 1974 supported by one Inspector at Minicoy whose headquarter was later changed to Kavaratti. The existing setup was based on “Reorganization of Police in the LMA group of islands” report provided by DIG Delhi Administration, IPS during the year 1969. The first IPS Officer, joined the force on 16.1.74. Constables first batch was recruited on 13.7.64 and were provided with basic training were stationed in the islands in January 1965. Since 1978 the deputation has been discontinued and qualified officers are appointed for this dignified job. During April 2003, 26 Police constables were selected and their basic training is being provided in October, most of them hail from Kerala or the islands.
The Police Detective job pages for postings in Amini islands are proposed quick listings, for an elaborate search please visit our Government and Public Sector job search page. TIP TOP Job caters to provide you the information regarding the detective jobs in Amini Islands and also caters to jobs in many other industries, you can browse and search and apply online through our pages.
Apply for Jobs - http://lakshadweeppolice.nic.in/