Maharashtra Police is the agency that enforces law in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The biggest police force in the country Maharashtra Police has one of. Maharashtra Police Department has over 10 Police Commissionerates and district police units measuring 35 in the state.Maharashtra Police Department is headed by Director General of Police. The Police of Maharashtra has a total strength of about 180,000 and its headquarters is in Mumbai.The state of Maharashtra, is the third largest State in India and is also among those few states with largest police forces in the country. Apart from having 236 Indian Police Service officers in the State Cadre, it also has 121 Superintendents of Police, 770 Deputy Superintendents of Police, 3136 Inspectors, 2641 Assistant Police Inspectors, 8001 Sub Inspectors and 1,48,912 men (members of constabulary). The Police of Maharashtra has a slogan of “protecting the rightous and controlling and annihilating the evil”. Maharashtra Police is lead by Director General of Police.
Maharashtra Police Headquarters
The Maharashtra Police Headquarters was moved to the current heritage building in Year 1982. During that time, police force of the state, had a total strength of 87000 was lead by an officer with a rank of Inspector General of Police. Today, there has been an increase in the force above 180,000 and is lead by the Director General of Police.
The history of the current heritage building is very long. The building, Royal Alfred Sailors Home’s construction, began in February of 1872 and was completed in the year1876 with a cost of Rs.3,66,629 (Rs.2000 less than the originally assessed cost). His Highness, The Maharaja Khanderao Gaekwad of Baroda donated an amount of Rs.200,000 for the construction of this prestigious building.
Following Are The Special Units Of The Maharashtra Police
- State Intelligence Department (S.I.D.): SID had been created in the year 1905 as C.I.D. (Intelligence Wing) and was given its present name in 1981. It is lead by Commissioner of Intelligence D. Sivanandhan.
- Maharashtra State C.I.D: This Crime Branch was founded in the year 1905 and it has its headquarters in Pune. It is lead by the Additional Director General Police.
- Anti-Terrorism Squad (A.T.S.): This unit was formed by the Government of Maharashtra to tackle terrorism. It functions in cooperation with Central Agencies such as Intelligence Bureau and RAW.
- Highway Traffic Police: This branch was formed in the year 1993.
- State Reserve Police Force (S.R.P.F.): The SRPF was created on 6th March, 1948 as a Special Armed Police Force for the State of Maharashtra.
- Training Directorate
- Protection of Civil Rights Cell
- Motor Transport Unit: This was formed in the year 1948 to provide to the requirements of Maharashtra Police mobility.
- State Police Wireless
- Anti-Corruption Bureau: The ACB was established in the year 1957 with an intention to abolish bribery and corruption in the state.
The Police of Maharashtra maintains the following ranks:
- Director General of Police
- Additional Director General of Police
- Inspector General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Additional Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Police Inspector
- Assistant Police Inspector
- Police Sub Inspector
- Assistant Police Sub Inspector
- Head Constable
- Police Naik
- Police Constable
Maharashtra Police Contact Details
Director General of Police, Madhya Pradesh
Police Headquarters, Jehangirbad,
Bhopal – 462008, Madhya Pradesh
Tel : 0755-2443500 (O), 2443501(F)
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://www.mppolice.gov.in
Maharashtra Police Organization Structure
Designation, Telephone Numbers
You Can share information with Commissioner SID on fax/email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maharashtra Police Recruitment
Maharashtra Police Recruitment provides great advantage for the youth of Maharashtra. To be a police man in Maharashtra police is challenging job and good option for career. Every year in month of August and September Maharashtra Police recruitment is done in all the districts in Maharashtra. In the Online-Results-official-website.aspx Maharashtra Police Recruitment rally, short listing of applicants based on of physical fitness and aptitude test takes place. personal interview is the next step in the process. After obtaining one year training at Maharashtra Police Training Centers candidates will be ready to join Maharashtra Police force. Candidates who are recruited into Maharashtra Police also qualify for attending departmental exams and apply for promotions in higher posts.
Steps To Be Followed While Registering Online For Maharashtra Police Bharti
As per the flow chart published by Maharashtra police to make easy to use online registration for Maharashtra Police Bharti is:
- Create/register yourself with Mahapoliceonline.org
- Activate your email ID (which conforms you have entered right email ID)
- Login with your Username and Password
- Fill up your profile details like education, experience, sports activity etc
- See the advertisement and apply for eligible post
- Print Challan
- Pay fees in nearest SBI bank
- Update your transaction ID
- Message shown that application procedure completed successfully
- Note down your examination ID
This is very simple process to apply for any recruitment. Once you created your profile at Mahapoliceonline.org you may apply in future recruitment's also. Keep your username password safe and preserve it for further use. Register yourself online with Mahapoliceonline.org and get recruited in Maharashtra police.
Maharashtra Police Jobs
Refer From: http://mahapolice.gov.in/mahapolice/jsp/temp/recrut.jsp